Thursday 16 May 2013

pics of the problematic fabrics

So the 2 blue linens look like this, and if I can't use them for this costume I'm thinking of giving them away. Unless I have another costume I can use them in soonish.















It's not the colour that bothers me so much as how the feel & look & their density.  Ooh, maybe dye the pale one and use it for a bodiced skirt for my working class regency.   Yeah! that works for me.

The hobbit apron fabric is textured and appears differently on each side.














So I could over dye it with pale blue for the duckeggy colours Catelyn wears. Though it's only 112cm wide so I'd need more than if it were a wider fabric.  From memory it was only $10m which is pretty good here. So possibly 6m would sort this for me.

Started sewing the hobbit skirts today, and these are the fabrics I'm using. the checky one will be the sides & back of the bodice, with the floral as the centre front. I want to find a green trim as the decoration.

4 comments:

  1. And I'm looking at one of them, HEY! I RECOGNISE THAT! But I could be overtired.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Antonia has used the floral for something in the past 6 months.

      And i got the teency check in Brissie on our fabric tour of awesome. :D

      Delete
  2. I love the colours for your hobbit costume. It's going to be soooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking about skipping the plaid skirt, but first I'll make them all and see how they look together.

      Delete