Wednesday 29 May 2013

in the mail: a book on everyday clothing in the 18th century

I can't resist a costume related book. Well, technically not quite true. There are some I can cos they are so spendy that I just can't justify it to myself. (Barbara Johnson's swatch book. Wants so badly but I won't pay crazymoney)

So today I was reading a blogpost about the Foundling Hospital exhibition Threads of Feeling (it has a FB page), and it mentioned that one of the pages is reproduced in the book "The Dress of the People: Everyday Fashion in 18th Century Europe" by John Styles.  So I went to bookdepository and realised they needed my money right there and then.

Especially as my re-enactment group are working class english (or english navy).  So an easy self justification, and can't wait for it to arrive.  I did wince at the price, but it includes airmail so that's OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment