Friday 27 August 2010

ribbon trim switcheroo

yes I'm crazy enough to pull off all the ribbon trim & replace it with the gingham. Although it's a quarter inch too narrow it's a much better tonal match.

Cos I only had 6.5m I didn't run the trim down the open robe skirts.  And I had just enough to do the bows on the sleeve fronts & centre front. 

And Baby (my vintage bernina) had the timing go whack tonight. Thank goodness for Back Up Baby.  I used my even older but new to me Bernina 125 Jubilae with great success. Apart from filling a bobbin - I coudn't get that right.  :rollseyes:  You know you've used a great many machines when you can just thread it without opening the manual. I need daylight to read the tiny manual on bobbin winding.

oopsie, time to pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment