Sunday 1 June 2014

clicking on eBay's fabric offerings

I have to confess to buying 2x 2metre pieces of fabric (same fabric so 4m in total) to make one of my vintage dress patterns. I really need to maintain the momentum I got at the sewing retreat. Talking with one of my friends, I used to sew every night for about 20 to 30 minutes when I got home. Somehow I really got out of the habit, starting with the months I had glandular fever (the 2nd time). That was swifly followed by tennis elbow so I couldn't hold anything and I never really got back to including it in my daily routine. I no longer resemble the person a friend said "how can you do so much", as at the time I was studying shoemaking at TAFE and also going to a movie every Tuesday (about 50 weeks of the year).

Anywho, this fabric will be used for my Vintage Sewing Pattern Pledge for 2014 - after my coat, wedding outfit and UFO shirts for work!

2 comments:

  1. that's so pretty!!! I know you can find the mojo again.. xoxox.... we had it at JAFA. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Relieved that I'm not the only one to think it's pretty. My fear was that I'd win 1 piece and not the 2nd, leaving me with an infinitely less useful 2m piece.

      I'll get the mojo back - and the habit of doing stuff after work.

      Delete