So yes I got an extra-long zip from the stash TICK, and sewed together Catelyn's mockup bodice TICK and have an idea how it needs to be altered TICK. On the way to the tub-o-white fabric, I looked in teh costume fabric cupboard and LO, BEHOLD there was the unbleached voile TICK.
Not even on my ticky-list was preshrinking the unbleached voile BONUS-TICK, and selecting a stash fabric to flatline the bodice of Catelyn's dress BONUS-TICK. That's preshrunk too! BONUS-TICK I
want to flatline it as linen/cotton may stretch out and this will
hopefully reduce that. Though it may be totally counterproductive to do that, so
I'll ponder that a little longer while I get the mockup fitted.
I also did two loads of laundry (sheets and towels) BONUS-TICK
Sadly not ticked off was altering the hobbit bodice pattern MINUS-TICK. Partly cos I'm flat & tired after today's "may not have a job in October" news.
aren't any photos of the mockup to share, dagnabbit, as I have
'misplaced' the memory card for my camera. And I need the photos myself
so that I can evaluate how the back fits. Though so I don't have to wait forever, I may take it to work and
ask a colleague to do some pinning. I'm so grateful that I have someone
who sews sitting near me now.
Time to put fresh sheets on the
bed, and then get the chemise pattern/fabric/pins together and go to
bed. Have a follow up with my endocrinologist tomorrow morning first thing so I have to be up and at 'em..