Sunday 21 April 2013

improving and twitchy

I really want to get started on dyeing the linen fabric for my Catelyn costume. However I can't lift 5kg or more for another 3 weeks, and I don't want to do much for another month after that to be honest.  I really want it to heal & settle down.

My problem is twofold: the linen fabric is at the bottom of my half wardrobe stacked with boxes of fabric. Each box will be heavier than 5kg. Taking out all the fabric a couple pieces at a time isn't appealing.

Secondly, to dye the fabric I have to heat water in the copper, and bucket it across to my washing machine to hot water dye it. Cold water isn't going to work.  As each litre of water weighs 1kg, and a bucket holds much more than 5 litres, well you can see I can't do this until mid-late May.

I can prep the pattern, and mock up the upper half, so this I'll do. If I can get to my mock up fabric.

See, I am feeling so much better already that my patience is being challenged

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ista, I came across your blog a little while ago. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better from your op. Post-op recovery (and its impact on crafting!) does challenge a patient's patience! I had those leg pump things when I was in hospital last year for a shoulder operation, they were quite disconcerting..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, it's more of a challenge than I expected. I want to do things and then go "oh" when it involves moving something heavier than I ought.

      The leg pump things are disconcerting - that's the right word for them. It felt like my left ankle had been twisted too, but then again that foot was a poor colour, so may have just been a circulation issue.

      I hope your shoulder op was very successful.

      Delete