Thursday 16 May 2019

Red, Pink or dye+pink cloak decisions

Yesterday I forgot to take the red wool to work to cut out on the large meeting table after work. Ugh.  Last Sunday I pre-shrank 5 woollen fabrics - these 3 are on my cloak list.  The red for scarlet regency,  the pink for a backup wool cloak and the green tweed check for steampunk as we've got a new event this July in Sydney.






I'll use any of them in real life in our few weeks of winter, as I find it easier to regulate how warm I am than a coat. I haven't even had a coat for around 25 years,  and it was teal.  No black coat or suit for me,  much as I love crows and ravens.

The pink is 100% wool and dyes really well,  so I can change it if I don't want to be a short wide vibrant pink blob on the horizon. Then I could make it a colour more likely to be worn c1800. That's the cut I'm aiming for.

If I don't dye it,  then I have two short lengths of vintage cotton I can use for lining the facing and hood. Back in the day they used silk (pics look like taffeta not crepe de chine) and my stash only has ecru,  putty green and cyclamen pink satin IR crepe de chine. The wrong pink for this.  Decisions.


No comments:

Post a Comment