Tuesday 1 July 2014

a late entry plan for June MAGAM

I need a sure thing, a winner to revive my sewing mojo. It's usually just below the surface and starting to sew anything helps. Especially when you know it's going to be a winner.  I started using the Past Pattern's chemise #002 as a nightgown pattern when I realised that not only is it period accurate in terms of sleepwear for many (despite my flannellette choices) but it's dead simple to make. I sew it with flat fell seams on the machine and that makes it just comfy on the inside too. I've taken to using a contrast fabric for a self drafted neck facing, and must hunt through my stash for some red with white pinstripes. I like penguins in cartoons, they're usually plotting mayhem.
2014 penguin nightie

Edited to add: The MAGAM theme for June is "June for the wellbeing of women. Celebrate the feminine with brightness and radiance." This fabric certainly is bright & radiant :D

4 comments:

  1. Tehe. I love the penguin fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're trying to trick me that they'e sweet and innocent. But I've watched Madagascar (all of them) AND Wallace & Gromit. I know they're tricking!

      Delete
  2. Aww. Penguins are so cute! Which view are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be the one on the right, with a keyhole neckline. I'll make the facing external which keeps the inside smoother against skin.

      Delete