Thursday 7 February 2019

Flip-flop thinking over which pattern to use

I've spent the past week+ dithering over which pattern to use for the linen fabric.

I had been thinking of  either of these Mail Order patterns but the first (4698) has a more enclosed neckline than I even want to think about.

 The second #3356 is more likely though I might scoop the neckline a little lower.


 The third  #9039 will take more work as I need to franken pattern it to a pattern that fits (as it's smaller than me).

I'm even more indecisive on the subject of sleeves.  I really don't like my upper arms - they've been beefy my whole life and the combination of them with narrow shoulders and I feel less like a weightlifter when they're covered.  The point of this dress is to not overheat so no 3/4 sleeves. Short sleeves kinda draw attention to my bust - it's like a solid line across my body.  Cap sleeve, hmmm, they're a bit irritating but perhaps an option.   I'm more than likely overthinking as until I've checked the fabric layout of either of the last 2 patterns (altered to fit me) then I don't know if I have enough yardage for sleeves.

No comments:

Post a Comment