Sunday 3 April 2016

Prioritising work clothing over costumes for a while

Due to a massive restructure (dividing the division that I work in a government department into 3 separate entities with a new reporting line for each) I have employment uncertainty as my unit doesn't exist in the new order that starts on 1 July.  I'll find out around the end of this month if I'm being made redundant or redeployed and if redundant if it's 1 months notice or not much more than that with an end date of 30 June.  So I'm proatively job hunting as well as aiming for redeployment.

However I'm facing the reality that my work clothing has deteriorated ... I barely have things I'd wear to a new job. Some but not a weeks worth.  I'm working with files which are grubby etc so not having quality hasn't been a major problem until now.

At least 2 of my planned dresses were in prints that aren't work appropriate - martini glasses or mermaids.  So I've bought 2 vintage fabrics that I can use without facing an awkward conversation.  A dark maroon/brown print and a blue/green sateen with zero stretch. Like pockets I don't do stretch wovens.





4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you're going through another restructure and uncertainty again - it is awful. I think with dresses from these fabrics you'll be the best dressed in that place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made the review of my unit a waste of money ... no sooner was it done that the second review of the division was announced. Could always be worse, but I hate job hunting.

      Delete
  2. Oh no. I'm sorry to hear about the restructuring and possible need for a new job. I'm sending some good energy to you across the waters. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ... I find the application/interview process a bit daunting, even after all these years of working. I've got my best permanent jobs via temping. Even the one I started at here.

      Delete